Breast and pelvic health and healing are interdependent on lymphatic health. Here’s an integral Selfcare solution:
• Dry brushing removes toxic substances which are build up on the surface of the skin and increases lymphatic drainage. The best way is to try it before shower so it can rinse off any dead cells accumulated on body afterwards.
• Before starting, you should know the direction of dry brushing. The direction of dry brushing should be such that the lymph fluid is directed towards the juncture near your heart and collarbone. The lymph fluid will ultimately return to your bloodstream. So, keep this in mind when you dry-brush, set your intention to move the bristles towards your heart.
• It is good to use 2 different brushes, one with short handle and one with long handle.
• The pressure of the stroke should be firm and gentle-think “skin stretch.” Stroking 7-15 times in one direction would be helpful to drain lymph fluid towards respective lymph node.
- Start at feet, brush up your legs towards the top of the thigh towards inguinal lymph nodes. The inguinal lymph nodes are located at the top of the thigh in the groin area.
- Next, perform circular motions, right to left at the abdomen around the belly button, the area below the rib cage and above the pubic bone, for 30 seconds to one minute.
- Then move towards the palm of one hand. Beginning at the fingertips, perform short strokes toward the wrist. From the wrist, proceed up the forearm brushing the top and the bottom sides of the arm. Continue from the elbow up the arm toward the shoulder using firm, gentle strokes on both upper and lower sides of the arms.
- At the shoulder begin stroking toward the chest/heart. Do one side of the body and then the other.
- At the neck, carefully use light strokes that move downward toward the chest area. Using the long handle brush, reach around toward your back and stroke upward toward the heart
- Brush from the lip to behind ear, then side of the nose to ear, then up the side of the nose to forehead and down to ear.
- Take a shower after dry brushing the whole body. Then dry off vigorously and massage pure plant oils into your skin. You may want your skin to breathe for a while too. Enjoy this process of good health and detoxification.
- Talk to your doctor before starting if you have any concerns.
- Avoid brushing over open wounds, infected, irritated or overly sensitive skin